2018 brought with it lots of heartache, pain, and disappointment, but it also brought with it lots of change, growth, and a determination to make my life what I deserve!
I had to close a lot of doors and end a lot of relationships, which was very difficult and caused a lot of hurt, pain, and confusion for me, but I stood strong, stayed determined, and vowed that all I had been through would not be in vain.
Some of the most valuable lessons I’ve learned are:
1. We get treated in life the way we teach others to treat us.
2. There are no mistakes, only lessons we need to master.
3. Forgiveness is a gift you give to yourself.
4. What you resist, persists.
5. Life is all about the journey and less about the destination.
6. People deserve a second chance.
7. If you don’t believe in yourself, nobody will.
8. Our attitude toward life determines life’s attitude toward us.
9. If you love yourself, chances are others will love you also.
10. Loneliness is different from solitude.
11. The more we express our gratitude, the more things we will have to be grateful for.
12. Patience is a virtue.
13. Courage is not the absence of fear.
I am thrilled and excited to see where my decisions and the changes I’ve made to take a stand and learn to love myself will take me in 2019. Happy New Year, and may it bring to you love, joy, peace, happiness, and a contentment that you have never known before.
Thank you to everyone who loved me when I was unlovable, picked me up when I was down, celebrated me, not tolerated me, and inspired me to embrace myself and pursue my dreams.
I love you all!